CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Female Sexual Enhancement Creams...Do They Work?

*Previously published on Club Mom by Edwina Caito

There are commercials and advertisements abound selling special creams and gels that claim to put you in the mood and enhance lovemaking and orgasm. Do they really work?

I decided to put my experience with adult products to the test and take an unbiased and scientific look at these products and their claims. What I learned is surprising and may come as good news to some women. Please keep in mind that I am not a doctor of any kind and my findings are purely from studying research on Female Sexual Dysfunction and topical sexual enhancement creams and gels geared toward women.

Female Sexual Dysfunction (FSD) is something that is finally getting needed exposure from medical professionals and the FDA. Although research into Female Sexual Dysfunction is still in it's infancy, the consensus is that FSD is real and effects many women for many differentreasons.

During a recent symposium on Female Sexual Dysfunction, Dr. Ridwan Shabsigh, a urologist and head of the Center Of Human Sexuality of a New York hospital, stated that FSD comes from a variety of sources including, but not limited to, menopause, antidepressants and fatigue. The approach to treating FSD can be as diverse as the cause, but there is a common bond they all share.

When we ladies becomes aroused, whether through the brain (neurologically) or physically, our vaginal tissue creates nitric oxide. Nitric oxide is responsible for swelling of the vaginal tissue, increased blood flow, natural lubrication and sensitivity. With decreased nitric oxide production comes decreased sexual response. Clinical trials have found that the topical application of certain amino fatty acids has been found to stimulate the production of nitric oxide therefore creating physical arousal.

In researching female sexual enhancement creams and gels, I looked closely at the ingredients. Many of these products contained similar ingredients which have no value accordingto what I learned from the good doctor's speech. But some of the products did contain L-Arginine* an amino fatty acid which aids in the production of nitric oxide. They also contained peppermint leaf or menthol which the manufacturers claim increase blood flow and assist in the absorption of the amino fatty acid. While I found no scientific documentation to this claim, peppermint and menthol are known to absorb into the skin and create a warming and tingling sensation. Personally, I feel that warm and tingly is a good thing in aspect to sexual arousal.

Since I have recently begun to suffer from decreased libido, sensitivity and lubrication production due to perimenopause, I decided to try one of these sexual enhancement gels and learn for myself if it really worked. This particular brand contained L-Arginine and menthol as well as other natural ingredients.

Upon application of the gel, I immediately noticed a cool,tingling sensation that changed into warmth. My genitals felt as if they were swelling a bit and throbbing as if I had just experienced foreplay. My natural lubrication increased and sensitivity was very pronounced. During sexual stimulation, I felt little difference than I would without the gel but I did climax more easily and was able to climax a second time very quickly. I found the experience to be a pleasant one and will continue to use the product.

While my experiment was not scientific and my experience may differ from yours, considering the commonalities in the doctor's findings and the key ingredients in some of these products, some of the manufacturer's claims could possibly hold water. If you're interested intrying one of these products, make sure the topical creams or gels contain the L-Arginine amino fatty acid. Without that ingredient, you'll simply be purchasing an all natural lubrication with no stimulating benefits. Also look for products that offer a money back guarantee, so you can obtain a refund if the product doesn't work for you.

Remember that these enhancement creams and gels are not approved by the FDA nor are they a cure-all for relationship problems or hormone and chemical imbalances. If you suffer from FSD and are concerned by it, please consult your doctor to see if an enhancement cream or gel might be right for you.

* L-Arginine can cause flare ups in those suffering from genital herpes.

1 comments:

Devendra Singh said...

My girlfriend actually found this for us, I say us cause she’s enjoying too, its called Virection. It works. Not expensive, no problems with prescriptions or side effects, just good stuff, finally. Try it you and your girl will be happy.